Business is hard enough without having to worry that our website is not getting the traffic we need.
In an effort to help you move from that mark, here are some reasons to update your website.
So, here's the 'inside skinny'...
The last thing you want is an outdated website. Give return visitors something new to look at to hold their interest. In other words, your website content should be constantly updated.
As most of us in business understand, not every "purchase" is an impulse, and most likely if your website needs a facelift or at least a minor makeover you might do your research visiting competitors websites and reading many 'how-to' books.
We change our wardrobes seasonally, sometimes influenced by holidays...and some of us are always looking for the latest style. So, doesn't your business website deserve the same treatment?
- First impressions last a long time
- Who said you don't judge a book by its cover?
- Be current!
- You can't sell typewriters when your competitors are selling tablets
- Check out the content on your site and see if what you're talking about continues to be relevant or if there are new offerings for your potential clients.
- What's in style?
- Young women scream "I rather be caught dead than wearing that..." Your website might be saying that, too.
- Pay attention to numbers (and, ih this case we don't mean site visits or leads).
- Check your page performance to ensure there are no 404s. (This means a page cannot be found).
- If you have 404s on your site, create a 301 permanant re-direct to the appropriate page.
- Take advantage of your Social Media presence (and if you don't have one, create it!)
- Share your blog posts, special offers and newsletters
Take care and spend time on your website ... your increased traffic, sales and clients will be your award!
The bottom line...
There is no business that runs on auto pilot completely. Well-oiled wheels of successful businesses need the insight, tender loving care, and devotion of the owners/managers.
Learn more about our responsive website services here. And don't forget, algorithmic changes happen all the time. Make sure your site is compliant.
Update your website, stay commited to your marketing plan and the benefits will follow!
Questions? Let us know!
All the best,