Be truthful, be honest...How?
Whether you have a website that is informational only, a frequently visited blog or you sell a product or service, you want your visitors to find what they're looking for.
It's important that your website suggest a level of professionalism equal to the backbone of your business.
If you say you sell red shoes, be sure you've get them. If your company provides expert service, your customers are going to look for that, and nothing less. If you conduct a forum, be sure you're information is correct and not mis-leading.
- Say what you're going to do and do it...
- Tell your customers what you're going to provide, and make sure it's there when you say it will be.
- Stand behind your service or product.
- Social media today makes it easy for a bad comment to spread like wild-fire. Clearly not what you want, is it?
- Untruths belong in fiction stories, not on websites.
A good visitor experience spreads throughout the community, and conversely, so does that experience that is negative. As the expression goes...you need to "talk the talk" and "walk the walk". So, say what you mean...and mean what you say.